Big Numbers today

Sponsored Links
only if you think "sniffles" is a sensible word to use here.

With 50,000 new positive tests a day, not worth worrying about, you think.

We only get around a thousand deaths a day so far.

"Sniffles"

Sponsored Links
I'm looking forward to the DIYnot volunteers stepping forward.

volunteers.jpg

Regan to the front of the queue.

Think I'd rather regain my civil liberties and start interacting with my fellow man again rather than live scared of getting a dose of flu or the sniffles. Don't want the authorities feeling they have to proscribe my every movement any longer than necessary and having, bossy jobsworth security guards in shops, etc hassling me for 'my own safety' starts to grate quite quickly. What is it the Yanks say - "live free or die!"
Your civil liberty to spout off any nonsense you like about govt..politics etc is undiminished .The more you and people like you fuk about the longer we all sit at home..It is the pratts partying,not wearing masks and being soft fannies about a jab that are helping to prolong things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like many other viral infections then.
Some others, but not most.

I don't follow your assumptions.
99% of Covid-19 infections don't lead to death. That doesn't mean 99% of infections are minor. 20% have significant symptoms after 5 weeks from diagnosis and 10% 12 weeks after diagnosis.

I'd say that anyone who has symptoms three months later hasn't had a mild illness, nor would anyone who ends up being hospitalised.
It reported that 0.04% of 10-19 year olds would probably require hospital care—as would 1.0% of people in their 20s, 3.4% of people aged 30-39, 4.3% aged 40-49, 8.2% aged 50-59, 11.8% in their 60s, 16.6% in their 70s, and 18.4% of those over 80.
https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m1327

It isn't just sniffles, not for everyone.

Sponsored Links
Back