Bike Ride - Much Less Ouch!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went out today with the new saddle for the first time - did 24 miles, and I can honestly say it was much better, not entirely pain-free, but at least I didn't get numbness and pins and needles you-know-where!! And the 24 miles was twice the previous mileage so that bodes well, too.

And I beat my personal best speed ------ up to 49mph! Ok, so I only beat it by 1 mph, but what the heck!

That hill gets a lot of use these days!

Sponsored Links
Blimey! So what's the stopping distance for a bike at 49mph?

I cycle to the station every day, but I get worried about descending a hill where cars turn right across my path - on a wet day last year I managed to lock the rear wheel when someone was optimistic about making the turn before I got there.

In this situation, I'm tempted to just let the bike crash into their car and cause as much damage as possible so they take more care and give bikes more respect next time, but I'm not sure if there would be a next time for me if I did this.

You gotta be careful. A lof of car drivers don't give two sh*ts about cyclists. Twice recently I have been passed so close that if I moved my hand out just a little, I'd be able to touch them.

Sponsored Links
a good trick i learnt whilst riding around the cities is to slap the roof of the car with the flat of your hand.
not too hard, but it doesnt leave a mark but makes hell of a sound inside the car.
then pedal like mad!! :)

Back