Billionaire, morally defensible?

Mottie, Ukrainians have nothing to do with poverty in the U.K.
You were wanting government led solutions to problems for people coming into this country and either being in poverty or having nowhere to live. I offered you one but you weren't interested. You should have pretended you were doing your bit, like ellal pretended to.

Sponsored Links
You were wanting government led solutions to problems for people coming into this country and either being in poverty or having nowhere to live. I offered you one but you weren't interested. You should have pretended you were doing your bit, like ellal pretended to.
Stop lying

U.K. poverty has FA to do with Ukrainians and you know it.

Stop lying

U.K. poverty has FA to do with Ukrainians and you know it.
Regardless, like I asked, did you get around to counting up the unused bedrooms in your house? Simple question, no need to get all defensive.

nope - you were desperately trying to suggest the EU had a solution to Billionaires tax hopping

No, I was accurately demonstrating the the EU is capable of aligning tax rates to prevent tax-dodgers playing one country off against another in a Dutch auction that benefits the tax dodgers.

Sponsored Links
It's £170M a year, that I came up with in 2 minutes.

That reminds me. A lying, tax-dodging Tory Lord was trying to attack Angela Rayner.

"Lord Ashcroft hammered for getting involved in Rayner row

Alas, the campaign against Labour’s second in command continues. Lord Ashcroft, who shared the story to his Twitter page, did experience a significant backlash. Twitter/X users reminded the Peer about his own bending of the rules, and the reported £112 million tax bill he managed to avoid through his non-Dom status. The public have not been kind…"

No, I was accurately demonstrating the the EU is capable of aligning tax rates to prevent tax-dodgers playing one country off against another in a Dutch auction that benefits the tax dodgers.
Except they haven’t and they can’t.

Every EU member is out for themselves, out to get their nose deeper in the gravy, come up with exceptions to rules, back handed tax breaks to counter the rules.

And for clarity a tax dodger is someone who must pay tax but chooses not to, not someone who doesn’t pay tax they aren’t required to.

E.g a person sells an investment property owing some capital gains but doesn’t declare it = tax dodger.

If you are an MP front and centre when others make tax mistakes, you better make sure your house houses are in order.

Regardless, like I asked, did you get around to counting up the unused bedrooms in your house? Simple question, no need to get all defensive.
Thank you for admitting Ukrainian refugees have nothing to do with poverty in the U.K.

I will explain it once again for you: solving poverty and inequality is only something that government can do, not individuals.

If you can’t understand that, I really can’t help you.

Thank you for admitting Ukrainian refugees have nothing to do with poverty in the U.K.

I will explain it once again for you: solving poverty and inequality is only something that government can do, not individuals.

And thank you for proving (not that it’s needed) that you are one of the king swervers on here.

Last edited:
And for clarity a tax dodger is someone who must pay tax but chooses not to, not someone who doesn’t pay tax they aren’t required to.

So in your opinion a person who promises to pay UK tax as a condition of being a member of the House of Lords, and then doesn't pay it, is not a tax dodger.

You have composed a definition to suit your own preferences.

I do not accept your definition.

You’ll never get JohnD's definition of what he means when he accuses somebody of being a 'tax dodger'. I’ve tried several times but he won't answer. In my mind, a 'tax dodger' is someone who evades paying tax instead of avoids paying tax. JohnD's definition is totally fluid to suit his posts.

A tax dodger is someone who is required to pay tax and chooses not to.

You can't be a tax dodger, if you don't owe any tax. Perhaps JohnD has opted to pay tax on his stock ISAs?

I have a holiday let that I can exempt from council tax, but I choose to pay it, because it pays for things that I think are important. I wonder how many finger pointers pay tax they could opt out of?

Nonsense

If I want more money, I work more.
if I want better pay, I acquire better skills, that are in demand and hard to find.

No government can make me more employable if I can't be bothered.

Sponsored Links
Back