Biomass boilers and thermal stores....

Just as they did for Solar PV....The RHI registered installers have to make hay while the sun shines so you may struggle to get anyone to sign off your install knowing that your money depends on them.... If you work on multi million pound projects then you will know how it works..

By the way if we need to pay the EU a fine,then it comes from the tax payers pocket and is not slapped onto the price of energy... RHI funding comes from the energy consumer through inflated energy bills.

Good luck in finding a mug to sign off your job for £300

A few preconceptions again. Would you not work a 7 hour day for £300? If not why not? How do you price yourself for a 7 hour day where you're home at night?

Also I never said £300, I know what its going to cost, Its only a commission and paperwork, a bit of setting up, even with a sweeter on top Its not going to be a silly, a nice job to have. I don' t need luck as I've 2 people who have confirmed that they'd do it, a third option lined up who I can buy the boiler through, as long as I pay for it what I've been quoted I'd be more than happy if they can make a few % on it.

What would you do in the same position then? Happily pull your pants down for some 'eco firm' to take a few thousand of your hard earned? Or pay the actual guy who's going to commission it a very good days wage + the cost of the parts? I'm guessing you'd fit a gas boiler and sleep a bit better at night knowing you're not getting anything back from your hard earned tax payments.

Sponsored Links
You doing the installation yourself then?

How will you connect the unvented cylinder as you seem to be intending to use it as a buffer? As in pipe configuration and control sensors?

Sponsored Links

How will you connect the unvented cylinder as you seem to be intending to use it as a buffer? As in pipe configuration and control sensors?

😆😆😆.....he's going to make a complete a.se of it & no one will sign anything for 300 bangers when they could make £Ks from an install.
For some one that's dealing in £M deals, he's not the sharpest!!

Most of these MCS guys don't have any work half the year, you see their vans parked up all over the place.

As CR has said; in a Bankrupt country like ours, RHI is taking food from childern & giving it to greedy barstewards like the OP.

😆😆😆.....he's going to make a complete a.se of it & no one will sign anything for 300 bangers when they could make £Ks from an install.
For some one that's dealing in £M deals, he's not the sharpest!!

Most of these MCS guys don't have any work half the year, you see their vans parked up all over the place.

As CR has said; in a Bankrupt country like ours, RHI is taking food from childern & giving it to greedy barstewards like the OP.

I'm quite aware of how a buffer works, however I'm going for the Komplett III with a 187ltr water store, using a coil for DHW so I can get mains pressure hot straight out of it, save a lot of extra bits and importantly space. I'll just stick the bits I've got on ebay. If you did read the brochure all the control for a buffer is done by the control software in the boiler.

There's no need to be rude because I won't pay someone ££££'s for a days work. The projects I work on are of a large value, you don't charge based on the value of the project to the customer, you charge based on the requirement from yourself to do what you're contracted/needed to do.

My intention is to site the boiler and fit the silo, flue, leave pipework for inside the room for the wet circuits, hot and cold flow. connections will be upto whoever commissions it. On the boiler I'm having there's nothing too complicated. Its designed as a day or two's work.

You're both making something out of nothing and I don't understand your resentment to me having a system. If it wasn't me it would be someone who doesn't need the cash and can throw 20k at a 10k job.

"you don't charge based on the value of the project to the customer"

When the gravy train is on the move that pearl of wisdom goes out the window.

"you don't charge based on the value of the project to the customer"

When the gravy train is on the move that pearl of wisdom goes out the window.

Well this gravy train is due to stop in a couple of months :LOL:

Got it all sorted today. Delivered/connected/setup/commissioned with a few extra parts included.

Everyone's happy.

You started a post on Saturday and the boiler is fitted and commissioned today?

Photo's or it didn't happen. :mrgreen:

You started a post on Saturday and the boiler is fitted and commissioned today?

Photo's or it didn't happen. :mrgreen:

Now that would be some turn around if you included it arriving from foreign shores!

Should be, 2 sensible quotes in, 1 deposit paid :)

As well as being unlikely to find someone to commission your boiler for a few hundred when there is money to be made from an install there are a couple of fundamental barriers to overcome.

The first is that RHI terms demand that the whole installation is made by an MCS installed.

Second building control are clamping down on commissioning of installations made by non-competetent persons. They are now demanding evidence that the installation and commisoning was made by a competent person.

As well as being unlikely to find someone to commission your boiler for a few hundred when there is money to be made from an install there are a couple of fundamental barriers to overcome.

The first is that RHI terms demand that the whole installation is made by an MCS installed.

Second building control are clamping down on commissioning of installations made by non-competetent persons. They are now demanding evidence that the installation and commisoning was made by a competent person.

There's no question at all that I'm making sure its all done 'by the book' to ensure my RHI payments. It was just a question of finding the right company who know the product and how easy it is to go in.

There's no question at all that I'm making sure its all done 'by the book' to ensure my RHI payments. It was just a question of finding the right company who know the product and how easy it is to go in.

Good luck with that too, the whole greenwash industry is polluted with ex-double glazing salesmen, who know FA about C/Heating!!

[/quote]

Good luck with that too, the whole greenwash industry is polluted with ex-double glazing salesmen, who know FA about C/Heating!![/quote]

That is the issue I was having, well not DG but solar panel sales types. In the end its been supplied by a company that have been doing biomass in area for 30years. What sealed the deal on a boiler was a phone call from Sweden from the technical manager who thanked me for asking so may questions to their importers! He also explained that how I wanted to use the systems and controls was the right way, not to mention lots of other little bits.

Can we see the photos of your installation and the buffer tank connections?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back