Bits of concrete under lawn - removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'm really hoping someone can help me with this...

I've dug up a thin stretch of lawn seperating the pavement from my house with the intvention of putting in a fence. This seemed to be working fine and I got one stretch of it in fine, but then hit a snag. The metal stakes I was driving into the ground suddenly started hitting concrete. I know it's a section only but I've been unable to dig it out. I've been able to chip away with a hammer and chisel but I think that would take me weeks. So ideally I need something more threatening to attack it with while it's in the ground.

Forgive my ignorance on this subject, but any help would be much appreciated. I have had a brief Google around and seen jackhammers, saws and angle grinders, but I'm not sure what's the best (if any of those) to use. Ideally it'd be something fairly cheap.

Thanks!
GP

Sponsored Links
Consider hiring an electric breaker, similar to the time honoured Kango.....to use an angle grinder or stihl saw or whatever means you'll have to unearth the concrete first.
John :)

If its a big solid lump digging it out could mean you have a soft area in which to fix your post?
Can you tell if its large enough to maybe core drill into it and cement the post in the hole??
litl

Sponsored Links
It's worth considering if the patch of concrete is protecting a service pipe/drain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back