Black flexi underground ducting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

I'm working on a big renovation and we have a new electrical supply being laid on Monday. The guy from Western Power told us to dig until we expose the existing cable (they are tapping into it), and then provide them with a length of black flexible ducting for their new cable to run through into the building. I've seen this ducting before - it's ribbed, 100mm diameter.

But, despite a 2 hour google session, I cannot find it anywhere!! Have tried electrical wholesalers, Screwfix, Toolstation, and local builders merchants too.

If anyone knows what it's called, and where you can buy it, I'd be so thankful!! If I could use 4" soil pipe I would, but the route into the building requires something flexible.

Thanks, and great forum.

Sponsored Links
I believe you can get if from Jewson builders merchant ( I have done in the past)

Sponsored Links
Thank you everyone - that's a great help!!

RF - No wonder you found it so quickly... You knew what it was called :D

If anyone knows what it's called, and where you can buy it, I'd be so thankful!! If I could use 4" soil pipe I would,
Don't!

If you are doing work that will be on the DNO side when the installation is finished it is vital that you do things EXACTLY the way the DNO want them done. Otherwise there is a good chance they will refuse to do thier bit of the job.

Also it's kind of stating the obvious but be carefull when deliberately digging up a live electric cable and remember that older cables often aren't at regulation depth.

Actually, the guy from Western Power said he didn't mind us using soil pipe, but said the flexible ducting was much easier.

And, the hole is already dug, and yes I went very gingerly because not only of the live cable, but also the live gas pipe that lives nearby :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back