Black Pudding and Haggis

dg123 said:

I love black pudding but it's getting harder to find it, also like haggis. Had a plate of lambs hearts a couple of days ago - lovely!

It's abundant up here in Scotland - perhaps there is a roaring trade for it on eBay ;)

Oh, and in usual Scottish fasion, we also deep fry it in batter - it is really tasty and can be bought this way in all chip shops :)

Sponsored Links
Adam_151 said:
I like black pudding, which is rather supprising considering I'm quite a fussy eater.

Reading ban's story reminded me of something I read on another forum... student house, mix of students including a girl of asian orgin she ate it raw with custard, obviously having never encountered it before and not realising it was not 'pudding' in the usual sense of the word :LOL:

Apparently she was quite ill for a few days

If it had been stored properly she shouldn't have been ill. Black pudding is boiled during manufacture and comes ready to eat. One doesn't necessarily have to cook it again.

not me, mind ya....but some people can get ill at the thought of what they've just eaten.
me....I thoroughly investigate every little detail before I eat anything........anything
ya'll sound like you got some "weird" stuff there...food wise and ya got yourselves a little bit of odd humor goin on....I wouldn't trust anything! that was offered me :LOL: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back