Bleeding a Worcester Heatslave 12-18 Help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, please help me get warm again :oops: Ran out of oil, no excuse I know, anyway got oil now, all filters are clear, no oil to boiler. I have a 'Boulter Boiler 3-K Oil Loop' thing on the wall outside the utility room where the boiler is-this is empty. My oil tank is below the level of the boiler so it's not just a simple case of letting gravity do it's job. Is it simply a case of unscrewing the feed pipe to the burner then pressing the reset button 'til fuel flows or is there more to it?? If it is that easy, which of the two flexi-pipes is the feed, top or bottom on the burner??
Thanks in advance, Dave.

Sponsored Links
On the pump on the boiler there is usually a port marked P for pressure.
Use allen key to slacken off and run the boiler a few times
it should get going and oil and air should start bubbling out.

Sometimes however you would need a vacuum pump to pull the oil through.

On the pump on the boiler there is usually a port marked P for pressure.
Use allen key to slacken off and run the boiler a few times
it should get going and oil and air should start bubbling out.

Sometimes however you would need a vacuum pump to pull the oil through.

Thanks for that, I don't appear to have a port marked P, there are two brass things with allen screws in the end which are fitted into the same (Danfoss) block as the oil pipes are. One is taller than the other, presumably this one would be the one??

Best to tell us which pump you have, but if its the BFP41 or 21 then the pressure port is on the front of the pump (Allen screw blank) adjacent to the thin pipe that goes to the nozzle. The other allen screw (slightly recessed) is for pressure adjustment so don't touch that.
If its a BFP11 its the port above the extended brass bit (this is used for pressure adjustment).
John :)

Sponsored Links
If you have a 3K aerator, this is another version of the tiger loop. As long as you do not have a filter that needs to be bled, then 2 or three pushes of the reset button should prime the unit without the need for undoing any thing on the punp.
If you have a crosland type filter with 2 screws on top, then you need to bleed the filter first.

Many thanks to dcawkwell, Burnerman and oilhead, all valid points :) It was basically a combination of the three, it seems that, with me being an old-time diesel fitter, that the Crossland type filter was the first thing I checked. After cleaning the bowl out I managed to put it back together with the o-ring displaced, therefore no 'pull' on the system :oops: :oops: Obviously I now feel pretty stupid and was punished by having to spend 2 hours messing with the filter, aerator etc in the freezing cold :mad: Never mind, lesson learned, nice and toasty in the house now :) Thanks again, chaps :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back