bleeding problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there agian so i finally got the trv's fitted couple of hiccups yesterday. however im having trouble bleeding system. i emptied the whole system and seems to not be filing up. where do i start the refill process?
do i try running the system with pump or will it damage it or is it a case of waiting for the water to slowly drian through system

Sponsored Links
Have you checked your header tank? I've no idea what type of system you have. Is it sealed or open vented? Do not run the pump dry!

i have the cold water feed tank in the loft (f/e tank) a vented system.
im back to work now and left my wife bleeding it.
the system seems to be filling with water slowly now taken a day to fill the bottom rads, must be a mega air lock some where

You should stick with one post or we don't know whats going on.
More likely a blocked cold feed.
You need to check the cold feed where it joins the main system more likely full of crud thats restricting flow from f/e to system.

Try running a magnet around where the cold feed joins the system pipework if it sticks the pipeworks blocked/restricted with crud.

LAST POST

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back