bless this damn heating system....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok I love a challenge!!

My house heating system has had a pretty tainted history...

It`s an indirect DHW, open vented pumped system.

In Dec I encountered 2 cold rads, only have 3 rads in the house, so we drained down the system. flushed the rads but this didn't really help.

we followed this up with a power flushing, with magnaclean filter fitted, after having x400 sitting in the system for about 2 weeks prior. that sorted the CH issues. CH is super hot with no cold rads....

Now after loosing hot water to the taps, I`ve stripped out the old 3 way valve to find its pretty clogged up with magnite, as was the new CH pump. fitted Dec 2011.

The powerflush obviously didn't shift all the magnite in the 22mm pipes as putting a magnet on them causes it to stick..and the filter is still catching lots of magnite and the water is black... totally black.

would the clogged 3 way valve be the cause the powerflush didn't really work? or should i cut my losses and cut out / replace the sections of 22mm pipe where the are magnet holds on once i replace the 3 way valve?

or do i get another power flush FOC done as the company who did weren't impressed at the stuff left behind!

what to do, what to do.

Sponsored Links
Ok I love a challenge!!

My house heating system has had a pretty tainted history...

It`s an indirect DHW, open vented pumped system.

In Dec I encountered 2 cold rads, only have 3 rads in the house, so we drained down the system. flushed the rads but this didn't really help.

we followed this up with a power flushing, with magnaclean filter fitted, after having x400 sitting in the system for about 2 weeks prior. that sorted the CH issues. CH is super hot with no cold rads....

Now after loosing hot water to the taps, I`ve stripped out the old 3 way valve to find its pretty clogged up with magnite, as was the new CH pump. fitted Dec 2011.

The powerflush obviously didn't shift all the magnite in the 22mm pipes as putting a magnet on them causes it to stick..and the filter is still catching lots of magnite and the water is black... totally black.

would the clogged 3 way valve be the cause the powerflush didn't really work? or should i cut my losses and cut out / replace the sections of 22mm pipe where the are magnet holds on once i replace the 3 way valve?

or do i get another power flush FOC done as the company who did weren't impressed at the stuff left behind!

what to do, what to do.

Powerflushing generally badly done.
I could have got more out of it without any fancy machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back