Block Paving advice needed ASAP

jal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I need to some advice or suggestions. Basically I'm planning to block pave the front of the house. As my house is a end terraced house and is slightly high up, so i'm going to have it as a slope. I've been told by a fellow neighbour that if i digg from the top off the house (See picture) it will weaken the house foundation and possibly collapse from the front? now this has worried me.

the following link is a picture to give you idea's off how the property currently is from the front.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/img0132it.jpg/

Can anyone shred some advice on this please? many thanks

Regards
Jal.

Sponsored Links
You can tell your neighbour that he's an idiot! ;) :p

HA! good one. But on a serious note, is there any problems by the looks of the picture, i know you can't make judgements by looking at a picture.

Also can anyone tell me how low can i digg from the ventilation block for the sub floor, as i don't really want a high slope if you get me drift.

Thanks again

Regards
Jal.

I don't really follow, why do you think if you go down a bit there will be problems? You can dig down as far as you like provide you don't start to undermine your neighbours driveways or start exposing some rubbish brickwork maybe.

Sponsored Links
I don't really follow, why do you think if you go down a bit there will be problems? You can dig down as far as you like provide you don't start to undermine your neighbours driveways or start exposing some rubbish brickwork maybe.

BE
cause the op does not understand the basics of foundations

It was a fellow neighbours opinion, i didnt think it would be any problems at all which is why i asked the question here to get suggestions.

My other question is whats the best way to link the drain channels to the man hole as it is slightly higher up? Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back