block paving edging questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone in my front garden and drive the previous owner planted 3 huge conifers right next to the block paving and has came up in a few places , I recently cut the conifers down and I am currently digging out, I had to remove a bit of the drive and put back best I could using sharp sand and knocking down with hammer and bit of wood will sweep in killin dried paving sand when done but the edges and all sinking into the grassed section of garden , should I dig out conifers then fill holes then worry about the edge by digging a hole along behind the edging and removing the edging and laying some hand mixed 3:1 ratio cement under the edging stone and a little behind it?

Do I need anything under cement or just straight onto the soil and how deep ?

I relise edging is normally done first but just hasnt worked out that way as needed to lift up, also the speed is loose going into house should I knock away old cement underneath and lay new cement under the 1 brick that is loose and do I need cement om sides of the larger stone to get into house ?

What cement do I need just lafarge bag from b and q do the job

Sorry if been asked a hundered times before but ahy help is greatly appreciated
dean[/img]

Sponsored Links
Will lafarge mastercrete do the job for edges and how deep should I do under the edge peices will it be ok straight onto flattened soil

thanks dean

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply just one more quick question I cement the edging in and went well althought weather was frosty last night I covered in tarpaulin last night tk orotect from rain however is it only the frost that hurts the cement and how can I protect until cured and how long will I have to cover etc ? Will a tarp do to cover to protect from frost

thanks again dean

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back