Block wall repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

As I mentioned in my previous post I have just bought a single skin block built bungalow with an internal timber frame which is in need of plenty of TLC I am on a very tight budget so I am doing as much of the work I can myself.

The previous owner hacked off the bottom 6-8 inches of the pebble dashing on the front of the building to insert some air vents whilst doing this though he gouged out most of the front face of the bottom row of blocks to a depth of up to 1 inch.

Obviously I want to repair the blocks and then reinstate the pebble dashing so that when I paint the building everything will blend in.

Can some one please tell me to repair the blocks do I just need to skim the front of them with cement or would I be better of using a concrete mix to act as reinforcement to the blocks.

What would be the most suitable mix 5-1 sand & cement ?.

All info appreciated
Cheers Jim

Sponsored Links
Either bang all the render on in one go, or do half the depth, wait a bit and then do the rest.

5:1 would be the minimum mix, sand/cement will be fine, no need for concrete

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back