blocked drain or otherwise?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the sake of my sanity!

Our washing machine began acting up - water coming oute tc. I've examined it and found that the water was actually coming back up the out flow as the machine was draining. Currently, I can stop the machine during the drain cycle - let it 'burp' and then run it and repeat. Several times! The toilet was flushed during one such drainage experiment and water came back out the 'outflow'. Now if you flush the toilet a gurgling comes back up the washing machine pipe!

Blocked drain?

give me some suggestions people!

Sponsored Links
Sounds like an air admittance valve is needed as you have negative pressure in your drainage :(

Ask a plumber to investigate :D

Sounds like a partial blockage to me. If it worked in the past it should work in the future.

who ya gonna call :?: .................drainbusters.......or wait till I have a holiday in USA later this year :LOL:.......I`ll bring an AAV over ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back