Blocked drains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, hope you can help :)

The sink and bath drains have blocked up. Hubby's immediate response was pouring down unblocking type chemicals. I'm not so keen on them from an environmentally point of view.

In any case, it didn't work, and we discovered that the block seem to be on the outside drain which keeps overflowing.

How do we deal with this the best way?

Sponsored Links
Get a set of drain rods from wickes about £25 and some rubber gloves & goggles then find your nearest access cover or rodding eye and put your back into it.
If your not keen on that call a drains plumber, get a price first ie how much for a manual clear and jet flush as they can be expensive.
Pete

Before you do anything expensive:
You said that the drain is overflowing outside. This leads me to believe that your bathroom waste pipe is joined to a gulley which should be sitting on top of an "S" bend trap. Remove the gulley's grid plate and get a hand in there. Obviously a marigold glove is a good idea. I reckon you'll find a whole heap of rubbish at the bottom of the bend. You haven't mentioned toilet waste at all. I presume that this blocked pipework is only a bath and sink drain pipe and not a toilet soil pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back