Blocked? (not working) bath taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed a second hand corner jacuzzi bath into my bathroom last year, and all was fine until recently. We now have a situation where at the same time (roughly) both the hot and cold taps have stopped working, no water at all.
The sink in the bathroom (from the same supply) works fine as does the toilet. Could this be a blockage, although both hot and cold are affected or would it be the obvious that the taps themselves are the problem. I am reluctant to start dismantling anything if the solution is straightforward.
I would appreciate any input from someone who may have the solution.
Thankyou in anticipation
Tonypepperoni

Sponsored Links
What taps have you got ?????
Do you have check valves fitted to them ?
Do they feel different when your turning them ?

Thanks for replying so promptly neal.
In answer to your questions
A they are a standard gold tap (make unknown) with a plastic bulbous type handle
B I dont know if they have valves fitted until I dismantle them.
C yes they do feel different in that they seem to have less turn, about 1 full turn on or off. It was more previously.
I look forward to hearing from you
Regards
Tonypepperoni

Sponsored Links
We now have a situation where at the same time (roughly) both the hot and cold taps have stopped working, no water at all.

Is the water from a loft storage tank or from the mains via a combi boiler? Has the tank got a lid on it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back