Blocked pipes - hair catcher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The sinks and bath plumbing keeps getting jammed with hair, too many women in the house!

Does anyone know what they call those round plastic things they use in barber shops to catch hair in sinks when they wash your hair. And where can I get some?

I've tried asking in my local but they just said that it was "trade only".

Sponsored Links
Betterware :idea: Support your local pensioners ;)

Thanks, do you know what they call it, the Betterware wed site catalogue doesn't seem to work for me but the search field if fine.

Hi,

I can imagine it's the sort of thing you might get in Woolies, or a '99p shop'.

Sponsored Links
Plan B

Y2.jpg

:LOL:

I considered hair extensions once. It didn't make me look any more attractive. I prefer the ping pong ball look.
:p
:p
John :D

363 days ago I installed a shower cubicle for a customer. She supplied all the materials, from Wickes. She comes on the phone ranting and raving about how I have done a lousy incompetent job because the shower tray overflows, floods the bathroom and water has gone out into the hall and ruined the new laminate flooring, and the skirting boards and wall tiles will all have to be replaced and I am going to get a big bill for it. GET ROUND HERE AT ONCE AND SORT IT OUT, IT IS LESS THAN A YEAR SINCE YOU INSTALLED IT!!!! GRRRR RANT RAVE SHOUT.

So I thought to myself I bet the drain plug is blocked with hair, from her or where she has been showering the dogs.
I get there. She is there with her ratty old mother, and her pet DIY man who has done a lot of work on the bungalow, who tells me about how he is going to have to replace the hall laminate floor, skirting and tiling. They have prepared for my arrival by filling the shower tray with water and demonstrate to me how it is not draining away. I have not made the drain pipe fall sufficient to take the water away and I am incompetent and shouldn't be charging people for my work.

I lifted the shower tray drain plug, all the water ran away down the drain. I removed the hair that was blocking the drain, put it in my tool box in case it was needed for evidence in court, said nothing to any of them and left. Though I did wonder why someone would stand in the shower when the water isn't draining away, and doesn't realise that it is about to overflow into the room and so turn off the shower. Anyway, I just closed my tool box and went out to my van. Woman came out to my van screaming that I shouldn't have supplied and installed a drain with a plug that gets blocked with hair in 'LESS THAN A YEAR'. I said I would be sending her my bill, and reminded her that it was her shower that I installed. WELL I'M NOT PAYING IT'.

I thought well actually that was quite a cheap way to get rid of a customer I never want to see again.:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back