Blocked Sewage Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, recently my sewage pipe has started to get blocked.
The water fills up in the box outside and water starts to overflow onto the garden.
Its happend twice in the past 2/3 weeks, and now is going to happen for the 3rd time.

Unblocked it first time with drain rods, was fine for a week.
Second time unblocked it again with drain rods, but pushed them further down and then got them stuck, but eventually got them out, think i pushed them too far to the connecting to sewer pipe or bend.
That means the pipe must of been fully unblocked.

Now when water is used i can hear at the drainpipe sewage hole making a "popping" noise, as the water fills up.
Pulled the cover off the box to see water is started to fill up again but is going down very slowly, can also see tissues at the bottom.

Never had this problem in 20+ years, house is built around the 70's.
What seems to be causing it to block up again? And what can be done to fix it?

Sponsored Links
Phone around and ask for a fixed price.

Don't let anyone charge you by the 1/2 half.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Think i just worked it out, i dont think it needs to be cleaned.

About 3 weeks ago the fence in the back card blew down, its the neighbours fence, thats because when he changed the fence a few years ago he didnt change the poles, so he put up a new pole few weeks ago which looks longer than the rest, my guess is he dug down deeper, damaging the sewer pipe, because thats the direction the pipe flows in.

The problem only seems to have come after this so i think my theory could be right.
Going to call the council tomorrow as they check for free i think, if thats the case the neighbour should be liable for the damages?

If the drain line is shared then it would be free to clear, but if your neighbour has damaged the pipe work then it's down to your neighbour.

Good Luck.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back