Bloody Weeds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have moved into house with large garden with borders. Fed up with forever weeding..so what do you recommend to put in these borders that require little maintaince and will restrict the weeds?

At moment they are empty...apart from the weeds coming back

Sponsored Links
cover with a decent weed fabric such as plantex. you can then plant through the fabric and cover it with bark mulch, decorative stone etc

yes plantex can be covered, though why would you want to, as the weeds will then grow in the soil, and if its a thin covering nothing else will grow in it

Sponsored Links
yes plantex can be covered, though why would you want to, as the weeds will then grow in the soil, and if its a thin covering nothing else will grow in it

Thanks - I was thinking of putting Plantex around my rose bushes then covering with a thin layer of black topsoil for appearance purposes.

I appreciate that weeds can then grow in the thin layer of soil, but as it's only thin they could easily be picked out ? Or would the roots grow through the Plantex ? :confused:

weeds wont grow through the plantex. its good stuff.

weeds wont grow through the plantex. its good stuff.

Thanks. So the roots can't grow down through it. I might put some black topsoil then and live with having to pick out a few small weeds every now and then. I don't like the appearance of shredded tree bark. Can't think of what else to use apart from topsoil to give a nice, dark flat appearance ? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back