Blue PVC pipe in the UK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm looking for blue PVC 1" rigid pipework for a marine aquarium I'm building.

I've found a site in the USA that sell it, but they don't ship internationally. Here's a reference to the type of finish I'm looking for: http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/blue-schedule-40-pipe-5-ft.html

I understand FORMUFIT are a supplier of the pipe, however they too are based in the States and shipping is over $100!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What's the reason behind using that particular size/colour? Plenty of other choices available and probably just down the road, so easier to get hold of.

Sponsored Links
you can get 25mm blue polythene pipe, which is used for water supplies, so is very widely available, as are the fittings, in various sizes. It is stiff, but somewhat pliable, especially if you immerse it in boiling water, which is handy if you need to bend it. It goes stiff again when cold.

you can get 25mm blue polythene pipe, which is used for water supplies, so is very widely available, as are the fittings, in various sizes.

You can but it needs to be rigid PVC or ABS pipe. "bendy pipe" will work, but it's not as easy to keep tidy and in place without multiple brackets.

paint your white PVC then. Non-drip gloss, spirit based, no undercoat or primer.

You can also get tins of blue paint, in virtually any shade you like.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back