BMW and Audi Accidents

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
Same thing as sofas from the same manufacturer.
Identical look, but one costs 3 times as much and has a different name.
So the fools buy the cheap one and claim is the same sofa...
Until they sit onto the more expensive one...
Which incidentally weighs twice as much...
But "it's the same sofa"
that's a very poor analogy.

a more accurate 1 would be supermarkets, let's say tesco, Sainsbury and waitrose. For various reasons people tend to prefer 1 for their own reasons. Layout, convenience, habit or of course deciding 1 is better quality.

but let's go shopping for a jam sandwich. The bread (platrform), butter (components) stay the same, just a different price. The jam however give us the choice. Cheap and cheerful, through midrange, right up to select conserve.

nobody is saying 1 is better than the other, it's taste (marketing), but the differences aren't as much as often claimed.

once the shopping is at home and unpacked, nobody can tell where the bread and butter came from, but they might ask about the jam

Sponsored Links
Just because Audi make the RS series of cars, doesn't mean that all Audis are better than all Skodas / VWs / Seats.

I've posted this before, but one of the most pitiful motoring sights (IMHO) is the "Big-I-Am" bellend in their private-plated "premium marque".............which is the basest model they could scrape the shrapnel together to "afford".

Fur coat and no knickers.

Perhaps a better "analogy" would be cars. That are made by the same company, often even in the same factories, with different badges stuck on them.

It's called Market Segmentation. Sell cheap ones to those who are budget conscious, sell more expensive ones to those who insist on paying more. It doesn't matter that they're almost identical, the snob will gain much more satisfaction from his directly as a result of paying more, it will give him the reassurance that he's a cut above the rest and he may even imagine that it's actually better despite being near enough the same as the cheaper one.

All consumer goods manufacturers love brand snobs, and are very happy to help them part with their money.

Tesco once sold identical pure orange juice under its value and standard brands, at very different prices. They were rumbled, as the supplier codes and all nutritional information matched. Independent tests on a BBC show confirmed this. But many people were happy to pay more for their reassuringly expensive juice that was up to their high standards. They'd probably have screwed their stupid faces up if you told them to taste what they knew was the cheap one. Fools, money, parted.

Sponsored Links

a more accurate 1 would be supermarkets, let's say tesco, Sainsbury and waitrose. For various reasons people tend to prefer 1 for their own reasons. Layout, convenience, habit or of course deciding 1 is better quality.

but let's go shopping for a jam sandwich. The bread (platrform), butter (components) stay the same, just a different price. The jam however give us the choice. Cheap and cheerful, through midrange, right up to select conserve.

nobody is saying 1 is better than the other, it's taste (marketing), but the differences aren't as much as often claimed.

once the shopping is at home and unpacked, nobody can tell where the bread and butter came from, but they might ask about the jam
Never mind one jam is made with 80%sugar, chemicals and 1% fruit, the other is mostly fruit and low quantity of sugar.
Specifically with cars yes, more generally it's Market Segmentation...

Basically taking advantage of those with more money than sense. Or often more credit than sense these days.
Incidentally, those more expensive cars seem to be still around years after the cheap ones have been scrapped.
Just look around and tell me how many skoda octavia from 20 years ago you see.
Now try with an A4, A6, Passat, etc.

Never mind one jam is made with 80%sugar, chemicals and 1% fruit, the other is mostly fruit and low quantity of sugar.

Incidentally, those more expensive cars seem to be still around years after the cheap ones have been scrapped.
Just look around and tell me how many skoda octavia from 20 years ago you see.
Now try with an A4, A6, Passat, etc.
Not all Audi have the best jam.

Not all vw, skoda, seat have the cheapest.

There are variations on them all. You just cannot say Audi is better than all the others. Some are. Some aren't. It depends on the jam. But we agree on the bread and butter at last.

Not all Audi have the best jam.

Not all vw, skoda, seat have the cheapest.

There are variations on them all. You just cannot say Audi is better than all the others. Some are. Some aren't. It depends on the jam. But we agree on the bread and butter at last.
Like for like, Audi is better imo.
If you had won a raffle and had to pick one of the 4 cars above, which one would you get?
The skoda?

Like for like, Audi is better imo.
If you had won a raffle and had to pick one of the 4 cars above, which one would you get?
The skoda?
You do struggle with this don't you.

In a raffle prize as you say, it would depend on the spec (the jam) of the cars offered. Base Audi versus Top skoda, similar value, I'd go Skoda. Wouldn't you ?

Last edited:
You do struggle with this don't you.

In a raffle prize as you say, it would depend on the spec (the jam) of the cars offered. Base Audi versus Top skoda, similar value, I'd go Skoda. Wouldn't you ?
You are thick man.
The 4 cars you listed with same engine, same spec.
Or if you like, all basic models.
Or all full optional.
Like for like means only one thing and you seem to speak English to a reasonable level.
So this means you won't answer (well, you've never answered one single question on this forum) because you know the answer makes all your boll@x collapse like a house of cards.

You are thick man.
The 4 cars you listed with same engine, same spec.
Or if you like, all basic models.
Or all full optional.
Like for like means only one thing and you seem to speak English to a reasonable level.
So this means you won't answer (well, you've never answered one single question on this forum) because you know the answer makes all your boll@x collapse like a house of cards.
So you agree all 4 are available as same engine, same spec ?

We are getting there.

Id have any, the badge doesn't mean anything to me.

So you agree all 4 are available as same engine, same spec ?

We are getting there.

Id have any, the badge doesn't mean anything to me.
You're not answering himmy.
You can't always lead the conversation like a smart arse bad cop, answering questions with other questions.
You're not more intelligent than anyone else here, I told you before.
So stop being a prickk, make up another account and start again.

I did answer. I'd have any, the badge doesn't matter. You are beginning to understand what all the same means

My gut feeling is:

1) Seat
2) VW
3) Skoda
4) Audi

I keep cars for many years so I'm not really factoring in residuals.

Sponsored Links
Back