BMW and Audi Accidents

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
You are thick man.
The 4 cars you listed with same engine, same spec.
Or if you like, all basic models.
Or all full optional.
Like for like means only one thing and you seem to speak English to a reasonable level.
So this means you won't answer (well, you've never answered one single question on this forum) because you know the answer makes all your boll@x collapse like a house of cards.
'Fraid it's you being thick.
Prefering to have a tarted-up version of a VW is fine. No need to talk crap. They're much the same ingredients in the cake, different icing, chocolate coating.
Defending your ego though, no need - nobody's saying they're a bad car.
You are adding weight to the view that people have to be weak-of-thinking to buy them.

Sponsored Links
Incidentally, those more expensive cars seem to be still around years after the cheap ones have been scrapped.
Just look around and tell me how many skoda octavia from 20 years ago you see.
Now try with an A4, A6, Passat, etc.
It's possible that they may be around longer, that's because they're usually worth more as used cars so are less likely to be an economic write-off after being damaged.

If you get £4k worth of damage on a £3k car it gets scrapped, but a £5k car will get repaired.

Audis are worth more than others used, because there are plenty of second hand buyers who think they're better. Rightly or more likely wrongly, this keeps the values up. The difference is not normally enough to justify buying a new one though, you lose a lower percentage of a much bigger number so the loss in £s is still usually more than it would be for a more logical lower priced car, plus you're losing or paying interest on a much bigger initial value.

I was driving earlier (so could not take a photo), but I saw an Audi S1 with the (presumably, private) plate VW51 RAW.

I thought that would cause Johnny to explode :ROFLMAO:

BMW and Audi observations from today:

1 BMW parked legally outside a shop (remarkable)
1 BMW turned right, suddenly, without indicating.
2 BMWs parked in Asda's disabled spaces, not displaying blue badges.
1 BMW with front number plate in windscreen instead of where it should be.
1 Audi with illegal (too small) number plate characters.
1 Audi with a shaded number plate.
1 Audi with 3D number plates - I don't know if this is illegal but it sure screams "Brain dead".

Sponsored Links
BMW and Audi observations from today:

1 BMW parked legally outside a shop (remarkable)
1 BMW turned right, suddenly, without indicating.
2 BMWs parked in Asda's disabled spaces, not displaying blue badges.
1 BMW with front number plate in windscreen instead of where it should be.
1 Audi with illegal (too small) number plate characters.
1 Audi with a shaded number plate.
1 Audi with 3D number plates - I don't know if this is illegal but it sure screams "Brain dead".
Is that the fault of BMW or Audi, or your Government and its cutbacks on police and other bodies with an interest in road matters ?

Is that the fault of BMW or Audi, or your Government and its cutbacks on police and other bodies with an interest in road matters ?

It's due to the abolition of the death penalty of course. Not that you'd ever have got the death penalty for turning without indicating, but its abolition exerted downward pressure on all other sentencing.

It's due to the abolition of the death penalty of course. Not that you'd ever have got the death penalty for turning without indicating, but its abolition exerted downward pressure on all other sentencing.
you think so?

It's possible that they may be around longer, that's because they're usually worth more as used cars so are less likely to be an economic write-off after being damaged.

If you get £4k worth of damage on a £3k car it gets scrapped, but a £5k car will get repaired.

Audis are worth more than others used, because there are plenty of second hand buyers who think they're better. Rightly or more likely wrongly, this keeps the values up. The difference is not normally enough to justify buying a new one though, you lose a lower percentage of a much bigger number so the loss in £s is still usually more than it would be for a more logical lower priced car, plus you're losing or paying interest on a much bigger initial value.
You're struggling.
They're around for longer because they're more durable and their drivers are not the kind who usually hug lampposts.
So 20/30 years later these cars are still on the road.
Better value for money.
Then if you think that other brands are scrapped following accidents, that means that their drivers can't drive.

When my Skoda Octavia TDi estate was new (2002), I went to Morrisons for a sandwich. When I got back to the car, there was an A4 Diesel estate parked next to me. Turned out it was from the dealer down the road and he was getting lunches for everyone. We talked about both cars briefly and he admitted that if my car (Elegance spec with all the options) was an A4, it would be twice the price (mine was just a shade under 15K in August 02).

I wasn't bothered what badge the car wore.

You're struggling.
They're around for longer because they're more durable and their drivers are not the kind who usually hug lampposts.
So 20/30 years later these cars are still on the road.
Better value for money.
Then if you think that other brands are scrapped following accidents, that means that their drivers can't drive.
Total rubbish. Cars are usually written off after accidents, and the repair/scrap decision is entirely about numbers.

Even without an accident, if a car needs a new mechanical part then the decision is still an economic one - nobody's going to spend more than a car is worth on fixing it. Most probably won't spend more than half its value, as the broken car still has some value.

Audis are "worth" more than most others of equivalent age and condition. Not because they're better, but because there's a queue of numpties who think they're better who will pay more for them. This inflated value keeps them going for longer than would be the case for the same bunch of mechanical parts that happens to have a Skoda or Seat badge stuck onto it.

Your attitude about the drivers of supposedly lesser cars is laughable. You fit the Audi driver stereotype perfectly.

Total rubbish. Cars are usually written off after accidents, and the repair/scrap decision is entirely about numbers.

Even without an accident, if a car needs a new mechanical part then the decision is still an economic one - nobody's going to spend more than a car is worth on fixing it. Most probably won't spend more than half its value, as the broken car still has some value.

Audis are "worth" more than most others of equivalent age and condition. Not because they're better, but because there's a queue of numpties who think they're better who will pay more for them. This inflated value keeps them going for longer than would be the case for the same bunch of mechanical parts that happens to have a Skoda or Seat badge stuck onto it.

Your attitude about the drivers of supposedly lesser cars is laughable. You fit the Audi driver stereotype perfectly.
You're saying that at one point in time, drivers of older cars will crash it.
Audis and VW will be repaired, others will go to cars heaven.
What about drivers who never crashed their cars?
Surely they're not all driving Audis or VWs...
Matter of fact is that you don't see many Seat or Skodas or French or Italian rust buckets running around after 20 years, but you see plenty of Audi and VW (and they never had accidents unlike the "safe" drivers of other brands, the wise ones)
Tell you why people like you prefer scraps: we live in an era of throw away.
Most cars on the road will pass hands at year 3,4 or 5 at most.
Many will never consider a car older than 5 years.
So they can't afford the higher grade and settle for the cheap and jolly.
After all they will only keep it for a couple of years or until it breaks down.

You're saying that at one point in time, drivers of older cars will crash it.
Audis and VW will be repaired, others will go to cars heaven.
What about drivers who never crashed their cars?
Surely they're not all driving Audis or VWs...
Matter of fact is that you don't see many Seat or Skodas or French or Italian rust buckets running around after 20 years, but you see plenty of Audi and VW (and they never had accidents unlike the "safe" drivers of other brands, the wise ones)
Tell you why people like you prefer scraps: we live in an era of throw away.
Most cars on the road will pass hands at year 3,4 or 5 at most.
Many will never consider a car older than 5 years.
After all they will only keep it for a couple of years or until it breaks down.
whether you like it or not, cars are now viewed like white goods.

limited lifetime of use

Neither can you.

You brag about your 15 Yr-old, "£60k when new" Audi. Pound to a pinch you paid £15k for it, three or four years ago.

You also say in this thread that you're "not rich", and can't afford the £12.50 charge.

So, rather than keep sneering at others who aren't "all about the show" like you are, just be honest.

(typed upon return from run, after almost being hit head on by a twunt in a black A5, on my side of the road because he was reading his 'phone).......

Neither can you.

You brag about your 15 Yr-old, "£60k when new" Audi. Pound to a pinch you paid £15k for it, three or four years ago.

You also say in this thread that you're "not rich", and can't afford the £12.50 charge.

So, rather than keep sneering at others who aren't "all about the show" like you are, just be honest.

(typed upon return from run, after almost being hit head on by a twunt in a black A5, on my side of the road because he was reading his 'phone).......
I paid the equivalent of £9k; a landlord going bankrupt owed me and didn't have the money, so he gave me the car at 30k miles in 2016.
I don't consider myself rich but I can afford to run an expensive car, having no other expensive habits like gambling, eating out 3 times a week, etc.
I couldn't care less what people think of me, especially people I don't know.
As I said, I usually go around in my work clothes, I don't want to impress anybody.
But I like a comfortable safe and reliable car.

Sponsored Links
Back