Boiler advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please advice me what boiler and heating shall I go far.
3 Rooms upstair with one bathroom with shower
7 Rooms downstair with 2 kitchen and 2 bathroom with shower in each
1 Room with ensuite bathroom shower away 30 metter from the main building

Please advice shall I have 2 combi or what ?? and I would preffer not to install boiler at the room which is 30 metter away from the main building.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Why not find a good CORGI installer and take his advice?

Or quietly read all the various answers to this question which all boil down to individual preferences.

Tony

What is the building ? Is it a granny farm or something.
Not enough info there! What to do here depends on demand, usage, layout, fabric of the building, theres other factors as well as this. Its the kind of thing that needs a coat of looking at by an experienced installer or three.

Offhand I might suggest you consider an unvented hot water system and boiler for the main building sized according to demand.
For the odd room perhaps an electric shower and balanced flue gas fire or a small combi.

Sponsored Links
Is it a Chicken Ranch?
:LOL:

the chalet at the end of the garden (a 30-metre garden in London?) COULD be done using a large cylinder with an immersion heater. It will be slow to heat up so it needs a big and well-insulated cylinder to store enough for your daily needs, and will need a proper electrician to size and install the circuit, but could work out simpler and cheaper than trying to run gas and an extra combi. Immersion heaters use no more power than a kettle, so the cabe run can be fairly light. If you have the opportunity to use an economy-7 sort of tariff for cheap nighttime electricity the cost will be less painful. You might even treat it as a caravan and use bottled gas.

Running a big enough cable for an electric shower over that distance will be surprisingly expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back