Boiler banging noise only when hot water is selected.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

I have a Baxi Solo conventional boiler which heats the radiators and the water tank in the loft.
With both the central heating and the hot water selected, everything is fine. Central heating by itself is fine.
However, hot water only is the problem. When selected the boiler kicks in, then after about a minute I get loud banging for about 10 seconds, then the ignition light goes off. The boiler DOESN'T lock down, it just sits for a bit then the whole process happens again.
I have had the system powerflushed as that was assumed to be the problem. I have also cleaned out the condensation drain pipe that was blocked too. It was assumed that would solve the problem. It hasn't.
Before the powerflush the boiler would "kettle" and more often than not it would lock down, requiring a reset. After the powerflush the distinct bubbling sound (which I believe was the kettling) has gone and the boiler doesn't lock out. So I can only assume the powerflush has cleaned out the system as required.
The link below has a video of the boiler noise, if anyone fancies taking a look and passing an opinion.

Thanks for reading this particularly long post!

baxi boiler noise.mp4:
http://gofile.me/2Birm/AogEeKOEI

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back