Boiler breaking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm after some advice:

I have an eco hometec boiler which is beyond economical repair after 7 years. (or MHS Strata or MAN)

(it's been a pile of rubbish - diverter fails every two years, servicing overpriced, limited supply of parts, overpriced in the first place but thats all another story)

Apart from the diverter valve, the pump and the backplane everything is working.

(brand new divertor actuator - you know you're going to need one soon with an eco hometec!)

Is there anywhere that salvages parts from old boilers?

Or is there anyone with a 38kw combi model who would like to stock some spare parts for their own use?

Seems a shame to lob all 90kg...

I'm going to keep it a week before my wife goes mental at me and I have to move it :)

If you're fitting a new boiler, pick something commonplace - you want a ford not a maserati - you'll never get pleasure from it - only pain and cost when it fails or needs servicing. I've picked a vaillant 937: spare parts are cheap(er), plumbers are familiar with them, you can shop round for a price when you buy.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back