Boiler/central heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am really at my wits end with my boiler. I have had 2 different plumbers come out to look at it and they cant see anything wrong with it. However the pressure is dropping almost daily. I have paid for a leak detection company to come out and they did thermal imaging etc and cant see any leaks. They have said :

The air admittance valve was found leaking within the boiler, the air admittance has signs of flash evaporation

this occurs when water evaporates and creates limescale.

However both plumbers are saying this would not cause the pressure to drop. My mums partner who is a builder as now sectioned off the heating so it just works upstairs and the pressure from upstairs has dropped but not so quickly and not to 0. He has taken up floors in 2 bedrooms already and there are no signs of leaks at all upstairs, he will continue but it really doesn't look like there is anything!

Any advice / help would be appreciated as problem driving me mad ;-(

Sponsored Links
Are you sure the leak detection technician said "air admittance" and not something like "automatic air vent".

If it is an air vent and there are signs of evaporation on it then that is where water is leaking out of the system and causing the to pressure drop. Air vents let air out but should not allow water out.

upload_2016-11-14_13-50-2.png
upload_2016-11-14_13-50-2.png

That's what he typed on the report yet 2 boiler people saying not relevant really confused ;-( Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you put a bag or condom over the pressure release vent outside behind the boiler?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back