boiler cuts out all sytem down...HELLLP its freezing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all please help...I recently had a pea size hole in my radiator and hot water gushed out all over the carpets.I fixed the hole using putty. I bled the radiator untill i could see small drops of water. I have an Appolo 30/50B wter boiler which had been working perfectly. Now when I turn the heating or the water heating switch to On position the boiler fires up nicely but then all systems shuts down after 20seconds including the piolet light. I have no heating or hot water. Any advise would be grately appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The pump's not pumping properly.
The boiler's overheating.
The overheat stat's interrupting the pilot.

Make the pump pump and the problem will go away.:cool:

Sponsored Links
meldrew's_mate said:
The pump's not pumping properly.
The boiler's overheating.
The overheat stat's interrupting the pilot.

Make the pump pump and the problem will go away.:cool:

the pump seems to be working ok on all 3 settings. i tried loosening the
valve untill some water came out and then turned the heating on . the pump started to viabrate the burners fired up like normal and then after 20sec all shut down including the piolet light.

Ok so when you lost the water out of the system .... Are you sure that water got back in? Clamber up into your loft or wherever your small Feed and expansion cistern is and make sure that the balltap isnt stuck?

Next step .... You have water in the system but it wont go where the air is. On the side of your cylinder there's 2 pipes that come from the side one above the other. Follow the top one until you find a short pipe pointing up and on the top of that pipe there will be an air vent from which you can release air.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back