Boiler Fires when turning Cold Tap Off!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Vokera Linea 28 has started firing up when the Cold taps are turned off. I did add some tee's off of Cold, Hot and Heating yesterday to feed new shower room.

I.e. run cold tap for as long as you want and then turn off, for a split second whilst turning of the cold tap the boiler fires :rolleyes:

Other than that it is working OK

Any Ideas :?:

Sponsored Links
Sound like water hammer, tripping the flow switch at the boiler. remove any dead legs of pipework (trapped air in the dead leg) and fully clip your pipework, if it persists you may have to fit a miny expansion vess

Cheers Cog

That sounds about right as there are 2 unlcipped dead legs waiting for the plasterer to come in.

I have just bled of the air (but not clipped the pipes yet) and this has reduced the tripping considerably so hopefully by the time everything is installed and being used this will not be a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back