Vokera Linea switched on every half hour + cold tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Vokera Linea combi boiler.

Every half hour or so it fires up for about 30 seconds.

Also, it fires up when I turn the cold tap on!

Ideas appreciated.

Thanks.

Russ

Sponsored Links
Also, it fires up when I turn the cold tap on!
That would be the general idea?

Does it have a keep-hot mode to reduce hot water delay?

Hi Chris,

I don't think the boiler should fire up when I turn the COLD tap on, like just to fill the kettle ..

I'm not aware it has a keep hot mode but good idea, I will check..

Thanks,

Russ

Sponsored Links
If it's just a Linea, pre-heat can't be turned off. If a Linea HE then the pre-heat will only work when in Winter mode.

Thanks All,

I just read the manual and like GeeGas says, there is a pre-heat mode that can't be switched off. Seems like a big waste of gas to me.

Still not sure why it fires up every time I run the cold tap though ..

Cheers.

If it's just a Linea, pre-heat can't be turned off. If a Linea HE then the pre-heat will only work when in Winter mode.

pre-heat certainly can be turned off on the linea 24-28 and 7 series. remove one of the main board jumpers.....jp9 off the top of my head.

Hi,

I there were a dead leg, how would this be causing the boiler to fire up when I turn a cold water tap on ?

Many Thanks,

Russ

pre-heat certainly can be turned off on the linea 24-28 and 7 series. remove one of the main board jumpers.....jp9 off the top of my head.

Thanks, will look into this.

Russ

Thanks Chaps.

Just removed JP6 from main PCB. Should stop the pre-heat.

Will check for air..

Cheers,

Russ

most common dead leg is to old airing cupboard.

Boiler isn't firing it just starts pump, probably doesn't even start fan. SO noise is the only inconvenience.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back