Vokera Linea 24 issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokera Linea 24 combi issue. When the boiler is runnning there is a clicking sound which cuts the pump and boiler out for a split second every 1-2 seconds.
This is stopping the water getting up to temperature. Any ideas?

Dean.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a fault in the combustion chamber, and could be a few things,ul need a gas safe engineer in to repair it

Video of the fault. I'm thinking ignition board, any thoughts?

Theres a chance it could be but there are tests a engineer can do to prove that the board is geting a signal etc boards are really expensive. Does this gas valve have its own board on it?

Sponsored Links
Im an electrician and more than capable of replacing pcbs. Im not going near the gas side. The reason the cover was off the boiler is that i was testing the fan proving switch.

Dean, did you know the PCB needs gas rate setting when it is replaced?

No, I didn't know that.

I've had a heating engineer out to look at it (I was not home at the time and he spoke to my girlfriend.) He advised he reckons it's the PCB that is faulty and said that there is no way of testing the PCB and that you just need to change it and see. He will phone me tomorrow with a quote.
Surely a heating engineer that took £66 just for looking at the boiler should be able to diagnose the fault to a single component?
I don't want to get into the situation where I just keep replacing parts until they find the one that's causing the issue.

On a separate note, I removed the ignition PCB to test the fuse inside the casing. Can simply removing this PCB and putting it back cause any issues?

These PCB is part of gas side and it is there for gas safety, so is the air pressure switch. Put back the combustion chamber cover and get a Gas safe engineer trained in fault finding.

Daniel.

These PCB is part of gas side and it is there for gas safety, so is the air pressure switch. Put back the combustion chamber cover and get a Gas safe engineer trained in fault finding.

Daniel.

I have, i'm just curious to know that if removing the ignition control module and then putting it back can cause any issues. The boiler is all covered up, i only tested the dp switch, and the fuse in the ignition control unit. Nothing has been 'tampered' with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back