Boiler help needed, I think I'm being taken for a ride :(

Sponsored Links
Have you ever tried to get a postal address either from a company's website or by phoning a company. It's like trying to get blood out of a stone these days :)

They don't like to quote an address because they don't want letters!

But there is a solution!

Any Ltd or Plc company has to have a registered address which can be used to serve notices and legal documents.

Groupswervice .... Faillant

Is that a genuine typo or is that what they're known as in the industry.

@Dan Robinson 'Heat exchanger' is on their list of parts which are excluded from the one off cost if they need replacing...so I'm guessing that would be have been the next thing I would have needed following any return visit after the power flush.

I have no proof but 'in my opinion' I strongly believe the engineer purposefully contaminated the water sample somehow. I popped out of the room and he seized that moment to take the sample, funny that. As I say I have no proof as yet, maybe the engineer tomorrow will be able to shed some light on it :)

Sponsored Links
They don't like to quote an address because they don't want letters!
Any Ltd or Plc company has to have a registered address which can be used to serve notices and legal documents.

Companies house do not show Glow Worm with a trading type of heating or plumbing or anything relevant. Vaillant on the other hand are easy to find :)

.......EVERY system will have some crap in it.

That maybe but not the amount that he showed me and as I said 4 further samples taken (3 yesterday and 1 this morning) have all shown no debris. OK the inhibitor may be not full strength (I can't tell by looking at it) but it contained little or no debris / rust particles.

I wouldn't let them do the power flush, as they'll just find an excuse to justify it afterwards.

Groupserve was registered by Vaillant Group Services, and if you look at whois.net, you'll get the company who registered it, and you then go to companies house and put in the company no, you get the address and the company officers. It seems that Vailant were originally called Glow Worm, and have gone through 4 name changes.

If you tell the manager that you can follow the paper trail, and then contact the MD at Vaillant and relate the problems, they may start to put two feet in one shoe.

I wouldn't let them do the power flush.........

There is no way they will get any more out of me after this fiasco and certainly wouldn't trust them to do a powerflush.

I've already got an independent coming round next Wednesday to discuss what he can do for us. Assuming this gets sorted tomorrow I will take some sort of protection plan out with him. I'd rather give my money to someone whose house I can go round and hammer on the door :)

Right first agile u have no clue or experience so best not comment, dan is having a bit of banter re faillant, hes well aware they are top quality just not his cup of tea. A group service eng would not fake a turbid result why would he? Conspiracy theories and *******s. Sludge can cause ign faults throwing up codes, agiles lack of expeience wouldnt know this. What area are u?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back