Boiler hot, pump working, no heat in radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am a novice to this and am having probs with the central heating.
It is an Ideal Immersion heater, connected a tank and a Grundfos Selectric UPS 25-50 130.

The immersion heater is working and is on, the Immersion tank is hot and also warms up the big tank above.

I took out the silver cap in the middle of the pump, and a little water came out, using a screwdriver I could feel the motor working/spinning and rescrewed the cap back on.

One pipe leading from the pump, and one from the immersion tank, I take it for the central heating are both cold, but there is a hot pipe going from the immersion tank to the big tank above.

I have attached a photo to try and explain more, could anyone please point me as to what is going wrong before I have to call in a professional???

//www.diynot.com/network/sburns/albums/

Many thanks,
Shane.

Sponsored Links
Very inventive, looks to be home made I was going to make what I thought was a constructive comment, but changed my mind. best of look :LOL:

Looks like a deathtrap to me, do get a pro in pronto to make sure I am wrong.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the replies guys, I will get a professional in tomorrow to have a look, hopefully he can fix it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back