Boiler in a bathroom - is this idea compliant?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am planning to have moved my 2-3year old combi boiler to my bathroom, venting to the outside wall. I will then build a cupboard with suitable venting so wet fingers can't touch it and I was thinking of having a pull switch in the cupboard for the power supply.

Would this all be compliant? It's a big bathroom and there's no power shower - only a bath shower mixer tap / loo / sink the opposite side of the room.

All advice welcome.

Hx

Sponsored Links
I can't see too many problems as long as the boiler and its controls are placed out of zone 0, 1or 2. Get a spark to check what you want to do as the rules have been tightened up for the 17 edition. 'Fraid I'm still working on the 16 till next month

It's good to get some feedback - am tackling house bit by bit and want to make as best use of space as I possibly can. Obviously safety is my overiding consideration but the boiler would be tucked away in a recess and boxed in so hopefully that will be ok.

Helps me plan things out in my head before the plumber and electrician come round.

Any other pointers very welcome!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back