Boiler in a converted loft. Advice needed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please advice on below.

My apologies if it's been already discussed on the forum, but I spent 1 hour and have seen a number of topics on the requirements for moving boiler into the loft and a number of topics around issues with heating in the converted loft, but nothing on the requirements and issues with a boiler located in the converted loft.

Current situation: 3 bed semi with no central gas heating and with normal not converted loft. The plan is to install central heating first and in 1-2 years time convert the loft into another bedroom.

As it looks now with all other limitations the loft seems to be a good choice for placing the boiler, however I am wondering would it remain as a good choice when it comes to convert the loft. What would be limitations on having the boiler in the converted loft? Can just a cupboard be build around the boiler when the loft is converted or it's not good enough as I know that you cannot install boiler in a bedroom.

Any thoughts, ideas and comments are appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Legally there's no reason why you can't install a room sealed boiler in a bedroom. I prefer not to as noise can be an issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back