Boiler Insurance?

Sponsored Links
Nickso, are you stacked out with work? I suggested to one customer today that they call BG in on a fixed price repair, Isar pcb, and they were told they couldn't look at it until mid-end January :eek:

Is it because of the bad OT rates you mentioned :rolleyes:

no idea or care, i just turn up and fix things. job allocation is for office monkeys.

Have you tried Vaillant directly I have cover with them and it is cheaper than what you have ben quoted. It also includes boiler service

Sponsored Links
Overall I would expect that Bg can do this work profitably.

Many people take out their cover immediately their vaillant is fitted and for the first two Bg only have to invoke the manufacturer's warranty callout.

There are also many old and basic systems which are clean and highly reliable like the old Vulcans which go for 10 years between faults.

If you remove the dirty systems which are not covered then basic boiler reliability is very high with an MTBF of perhaps aroung 5-6 years.

BG also buy spares very cheaply although that advantage is often erroded by the propensity to replace parts rather than diagnose the real fault.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back