Boiler intermittently not "Starting"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi learned folks,

I have a WB Greenstar 30CDi system, controlled by a Drayton Lifestyle LP522, and 2 Honeywell Thermostats.

Recently ive noticed the heating hasnt been coming on at the set time in the morning, thus house being cold, not good when you have a 9 month old! When checking the control however, everything is as its sposed to be, light showing on, and both thermostats with the red lights on. Just no action from the boiler.

Ive managed to get it to start randomly cycling thru on/off/once/timed basically turning it on and off. Altho sometimes i can do this for a few minutes, and the boiler wont start..

This morning i noticed it hadnt come on again, i left it on overnight, but the temp must have come up to the thermostat setting, and hence turned the demand off for boiler, when the temp dropped, the boiler didnt start again. I noticed a low pitched buzz coming from the boiler area, couldnt tell exactly where, it wasnt that loud. I turned the thermostat down til light went off, and buzz stopped. Turned thermostat up again, and the boiler started...It' s like something is sticking in or around the boiler. There are 2 honeywell boxes which seem the be connected to 2 pipes under the boiler, obv to do with the thermostat.

Theres no alarm on the boiler, and i checked connections on the back of the Drayton and theyre clean and tight. Is there any checks i can do easily. Or anyway to bypass the thermostats, so it comes on regardless of temperature?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back