Boiler Interrupts my TV!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Ive just bought a house which still has that big old copper tank boiler thingy magig.
everytime the thermostat kicks in, everything electric in the house flickers incuding the tv signal!
The house has been rewired recently but we have no certificate.

can anybody give me an idea of what it might be so i dont get a rouge trader trying to rewire the whole house!

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if you have an electric immersion heater.

The thermostat is evidently worn out and not switching with the original snap action.

Thermostat about £10, fixing about 30 minutes PROVIDING the isolation switch is correct and safe to operate.

We would charge about £74 total.

Tony

What type of TV are you watching? If it is digital terrestrial (freeview) this is a common fault caused by old fashion aerial wire with poor shielding.
Remedy: Replace with new aerial lead.

Sponsored Links
Andyboyo

A rouge trader is usually pretty easy to spot (they have red faces). It is the rogue traders that cause more of a problem to the unwary householder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back