Question about boiler cutting in and out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Ive got an unvented system with a condensing boiler, have just recently moved into the house - its a new build.

When the hot water is on, the boiler kicks in after about 25 mins goes out and even though the tank and pump is still on, then after a few mins the boiler will kick back in for a few minutes and so on, but when the central heating is on the boiler stays on until the house has reached the desired temperature.

I was just looking for a bit of advice as to whether there is a problem or if this is normal as its seems a bit strange for heating the boiler stays lit until the temp is reached but for hot water cuts in and out even though the tank is still going and temp hasnt been reached.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You do not say which make & model boiler you have - but from your description i don't think there is anything wrong, just make sure the boiler operating temperature is higher than the setting on the cylinder stat, otherwise the boiler will cyle on & off for ever, without satisfying the cylinder, set your hot water cylinder stat to about 55'c and the boiler to operate at about 70'c and all should be well ;)

Sorry for the late response. My boiler is an Ideal Icos HE15.

The hot water comes on at 5pm for an hour. The tank upstairs runs for most of the hour - if not all but the boiler comes on for 10 mins then goes off for about 15/20 then back on for 10. The tank is set to about 55-60.

Boiler dial is about 3/4 way round there is no temperature markings on it?

Is this normal?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back