BOILER KEEPS CUTTING OUT. help..

Most have had diverters and APS's by now.

Many get the low water fault codes ie require flow/return thermistors but can also be due to early circuit boards and heat exchangers.

Came across someone not so long ago that had customers requiring gas valves and boards (gas valve took out the board).

I also find the expansion vessels don't hold their charge very well ie they are pretty flat after only two years.

And I hate the cheapo rubbish plastic grill underneath and the single piece outer case - nearly always a struggle (but I do like the 3 simple comb. cover clips :) )

Not to mention the terrible ergonomics.

Sponsored Links
Most have had diverters but not all have had the APS.

Statistically it would be the APS which is about £65 to buy.

Little else fails except sometimes the 1 Meg resistor in series with the flame detection electrode on the PCB. That would be indicated by lighting up for six seconds and then going to ignition failure.

This lady has not mentioned lighting for a few seconds so we dont know.

Anyone competent could bridge out the APS as soon as the fan starts, to confirm its the problem.

Tony

PS Elf Gas, I dont remember enthusing about these boilers, maybe you are confusing me with that guy in Norwich who sells them on his web site ? Vaillants are the only boiler he ever recommends ! I keep an open mind!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back