Boiler leaking slowly cold water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a biasi m90e24s boiler. 4 weeks ago it started a slow cold leak. I realised because the system was empty. I went... filled up the system... bled the radiators... and then when I returned to the boiler I saw the leak. I then gave it another blast thinking I'm going to have to fill this up until I can get a plumber, and the leak stopped. Now all of a sudden, the leak has returned. Really not got a clue about what's going on. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Where is it leaking from?
It's leaking from the bottom. From the pipe that returns the central heating. Is there a valve right there? Is there a chance that the valve occasionally get's stuck and hence causes water to leak out?

Sponsored Links
So if the leak is on the return of the CH, It should not be cold!
I would expect it to warm/hot when the central heating is on.
There will be a valve and some nut connections. It could be possible that a nut needs nipping up or a washer needs replacing, if as you say it is at this location. But don't rule out the leak being elsewhere and water is tracking to that point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back