Boiler Losing Pressure - Isolation Valve Oddness...

Further update. I gave the iso valves one more go last night so turned them both 1/4 turn and also shut down the iso valve on the incoming mains feed.

This time, the pressure held at 2 bar. I then opened the iso valve for the incoming feed and left it for a few hours, and the pressure stayed at 2.

So I guess I do have temperamental return/flow iso valves - either that or the BG engineer managed to fix them while capping off the boiler. Who knows - what I do know if that I have a leak somewhere. We ran a test today and drained the system until the pressure dropped from 2 to 1 bar (i.e. approx 1 day of pressure loss). Over 5 litres of water - I can't believe we can't hear it, it must be virtually gushing!

So we've got a heck of a lot of water leaking somewhere, so it's either ground floor over crawl space, or in a wall somewhere. I've just capped off the kitchen-diner, so will see what happens tomorrow.

Whitespirit66 - no pressure tester, but basically if after I've capped off the two different 'inaccessible' rooms on the ground floor and no joy, I'll probably get professional help.

Sponsored Links
Kitchen diner capping made no difference. So I assumed the only place it could be was in the living room. I picked an already cut floorboard, lifted it and found a pipe sitting in a pool of water! Lifted the pipe to fine a 1mm jet of water spraying out of it. So pretty jammy in the end. Thanks for all your advice - time to do some repairs :)

Sponsored Links
Hope you didn't forget the inhibitor, you'll want to protect your nice new heat exchanger :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back