Boiler losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently bought a flat and we have a Saunier Duval combi boiler which is around 5 years old. I bled a radiator 2 weeks ago and ever since the pressure on the is boiler dropping down to around 0.4 bar and the boiler stopped working. I keep re-pressurising the boiler, up to around 1.2 bar, but within 12 hours it has dropped again. Added to this the hot water in the shower is not as hot as the water coming from the taps.

We had an plumber come in and he said that we may have a leak and he needed to have access to the flat below to look for it, this is not possible. He also said to solve the hot water to the shower issue, the system needs flushing. Is this realistic seeing the boiler is only 5 years old? I have checked all of the valves on the rads and there does seem to be any leaks there.

I have noticed that there is a pipe that is going outside from just below the boiler and a lot of warm water is coming out of it when the heating comes on, does anyone know what this pipe is and how i can stop it from leaking?

Thanks in advance!!

Sponsored Links
the pipe in question is from the PRV, sounds like your pressure vessel needs recharging. See FAQ no7

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back