Boiler move - problems with radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had my boiler moved from upstairs to a downstairs utility room, I have also change the system from a gravity fed system to a unvented cylinder. As part of the work I wanted 6 of my downstairs radiators changed. When the boiler was moved only the upstairs radiators got hot. The plumber sorted this issue unblocking a return valve, it was blocked with sludge. He now tells me at its not worth attaching the new radiators to a dirty system. I asked about power flushing the system but he said there was no guarantee this would help, he said he pipe work was all wrong and needs to be re-laid down stairs. Does this sound Right? How do I clean my central heating system?

Sponsored Links
Sorry I missed this from my original post, all the radiators were working fine before the boiler move, and my main point is how do I get rid of he sludge ie the system?

Sponsored Links
If everything worked before then it's unlikely to be sludge. Just a wild guess but I'd suspect either the system is not properly filled (free of air locks), in need of balancing, incorrectly piped when boiler moved or a combination of all of the above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back