Boiler no longer working after power cut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Gloworm Fuelsave compleheat 55
The power cut happened last night and now this mornig the boiler won't fire up, there is no pump or fan and the ch low pressure warning light is on.

I have tried the reset button, checked the fuse on PCB, I tried lowering the pressure then refilling, switching of & on numerous times, a few mild taps ont he pressure switch but alas I can't get it going.

Any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
If the boiler is registering low pressure then it will presumably be holding the boiler off.

I recommend increasing the pressure to 1.8 bar and see if that will bring it on again but it may take several hours to restore.

The inlet to the LP switch is probably blocked and may have to be cleared/unblocked.

I should not suggest it except for a short test but you could join the two wired to the LP switch together and that will hopefully bring the boiler on to prove thats why its stopped.

Tony

Thanks Tony, yep I did try increasing the pressure to 2 bar but it still didn't do anything , I'll try the short.

Sponsored Links
ok the short did solve the problem, I phoned Glorworm first and made sure it was ok and they were really helpfull.
Gona order a new Water pressure switch. it seems not to be working, I took it out and it seems to have quiite a bit of sludge in there maybe it's time to do a flush.
LOL now I'll have to find out how to do that as well!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back