Boiler noise and weirdness

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Feel the HW zone valve when it is making the noise, I have seen them with a tooth sheared on the gear mechanism, and it makes a clunking noise

Thank you, I will try this, however it does sound more at the garage than in the airing cupboard. Also the noise seems to be made upon firing of the boiler, and when the boiler goes out.

Feel the HW zone valve when it is making the noise, I have seen them with a tooth sheared on the gear mechanism, and it makes a clunking noise

Ok have tried this, and no clunk from valve, I went into the garage and it’s definitely the boiler upon igniting and going out. Thank you.

Thank you very much, at least I know what it is. Is it dangerous, or can it be left until I can get someone in?

Thank you very much, at least I know what it is. Is it dangerous, or can it be left until I can get someone in?
Not really dangerous, actually sounds a lot worse than it really is, not something I would leave long term though as if too low it can cause cracks in the burner

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back