Boiler not filling up from water tap

NL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As a relatively new house owner this is all a bit new to me, but I guess I'm just looking for a sanity check on what I think the problem may be. Boiler is a Remeha Avanta 28c.

If I open both radiator taps on the linking water tube, nothing happens, the water pressure gauge does not increase.

One possibility is the water gauge is faulty, but when the taps are open I cannot even hear water moving.

Water in is on the left, "out" on the right, I believe when the black tap is at a right angle this is closed.

AM3dLdA.jpg

zNSTfxu.jpg

It's been like this for a while and on previously trying to fill it I've not heard water moving, a short while back I did could hear the water coming through, the gauge moved and I filled to 1.5 bar.

But now at 0.5 bar I open both taps and again hear nothing. Anecdotally it seems after quite a bit of messing the pressure does increase slightly say to 0.7 bar so maybe water is coming through but very very slowly, thought maybe when the boiler is on pressure naturally increases?

Now in my head it could be a whole bunch of things, I've tried shutting down the boiler and leaving it off for 30 mins in case the boiler will not accept water while on (or recently shut off) with no luck. There's nothing in the boiler manual that I can see about specific processes I must follow.

So I'm thinking it may be a blockage in the tap somewhere in the image.

So I closed both taps and detached the pipe on the right side then opened the left tap, water does come out, this makes me think it might be the tap on the right.

It looks like the hose attaches to a long metal cylinder with the tap on it, that then attaches to the piping. Meaning if it's a block in there I'm likely not going to be fixing it myself since water will come pouring out due to it being pre-tap.

Any thoughts? Is there any other diagnosis I could do to solve the problem? Maybe I'm doing something stupid? Could it be something else? And (although possibly straightforward) I assume this is something I probably want a professional to sort?

Sponsored Links
Take the black handles off, usually a screw in the middle, then turn the spindles with pliers. The plastic often strips and doesn't actually open the valves when turned.

:mrgreen:

Amazing, 6mm spanner did the job, thanks very much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back