ecotech plus no hot water, no water from hot tap at all.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

History on this problem. Few days back I noted low bar on the pressure gauge so decided to do the standard fix of opening the refill taps. Unlike previous times I did not hear the running water and the bar did not improve. I decided to leave this look at later. When I next looked at the bar it was high so I assumed I had in fact let water in. I later noted that it kept increasing until it was way off the gauge. On looking outside some minor water was coming from the pipe at the rear of the house though not a huge amount. I did some web searching and it seemed the most likely issue common on this model is the taps no longer work after a while and the water is not fully turned off so pressure is coming in from the mains supply. Having noticed that inside the taps is a Phillips screw head I thought turning this would perform the same operation as turning the tap. So I turned the one on the left right (Right is tight or off as I thought) This did tighten but eventually produced the running/filling water sound so I went back left. This produced a large water hammer sound which originated from I dont know where but sounded like the pipes. Now I have no hot water and I dont mean the water is cold there is literally only a dribble coming from any source of hot water, taps, shower. It does not appear to get hot either. Heating is working fine, no error codes, pressure is dropping. Have waited an hour no still nothing coming from hot taps :/

Any ideas? Cheers

Sponsored Links
Right hand grey filling valve has been left in the wrong position

When you open the right hand filling valve you divert the cold mains that would feed the hot water out the boiler to fill the boiler, if the valve is left in the filling position then no water will come out the tap,

Sponsored Links
Thank you! I've got it back in the correct position not quite sure how but it is. Much appreciated.

For others reading, be aware that a common problem is that the plastic head gets spoilt and does not turn the shaft.

A temporary solution is to remove the head and turn the shaft with an adjustable spanner. ( Way preferable to pliars which chew up the shaft! )

Tony

Thanks Agile. This is what has happened to mine. Annoying thing is I found out about this fault via a youtube video with the engineer in question saying the only way to do this if the taps are mangled is to have new parts at £100= each. Robbing bugger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back