Boiler not firing up for heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
351A1341-BD55-4C94-8ED0-879BFBB5BC90.jpeg
351A1341-BD55-4C94-8ED0-879BFBB5BC90.jpeg
Morning all

I’ve got a pretty good idea what the issue is but wanted to see if I’m on the right track.

It’s a new Ecotec boiler (less than 12 months) and connected to hive.

Hot water is working fine but for central heating the boiler does not fire up.

Earlier in the year I had the valve/switch replaced for the hot water as it was ceasing up. When i turn the CH on I can’t hear the switch engage so guessing it needs to be replaced (it’s about 15 years old).

Does that sound right?

Assuming it is what is the name of the switch/valve so I can get a replacement today?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It's a Honeywell Motorised valve, probably the V4034. Try moving the lever across to open the valve manually and see if that triggers the boiler. https://www.screwfix.com/p/honeywell-home-v4043h-2-port-motorised-valve-22mm-22mm-compression/31480

If powerhead is faulty, check spindle moves freely, (it wont move much so dont force it too far), if so you can replace the head alone, (or just the motor), to avoid draining down. https://www.screwfix.com/p/honeywel...-replacement-powerhead-22mm-compression/326fv

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. I got a new Honeywell motorised valve from Screwfix. I replaced the wires exactly the same way except there was a white wire (neutral I believe) which had to be isolated.

initially it didn’t work and I panicked but turned out it was the hive hub taking a while to connect back to the network.

one thing though- my underfloor heating has decided to not come back on after the power was restored. Got to figure that out now!!

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Ufh on another zone? Thermostat up?

Ufh on another zone? Thermostat up?

In the bathroom next door. The extractor fan too isn’t working either. I can only think that the wires in the room next door where the boiler is are feeding into the bathroom and something must have been nudged. I did check them all to see that the wires were firmly in.

Everything else seems to work so I’m scratching my head here.

Attachments

• 5D6A0BBC-6F4A-4957-B7EC-5F9ABC7B3D64.jpeg
    5D6A0BBC-6F4A-4957-B7EC-5F9ABC7B3D64.jpeg
    299.7 KB · Views: 146
There’s neutral wire doesn’t look fully in, I’d say it must be a wiring issue.

There’s neutral wire doesn’t look fully in, I’d say it must be a wiring issue.

that was the original wiring. When you say neutral wire not fully in which wire/position do you mean? If you say the top left is A1 and top right is B1....

This one (marked blue)

Attachments

• 5969AEE1-1984-4D61-A522-DDDFB6073ECA.jpeg
    5969AEE1-1984-4D61-A522-DDDFB6073ECA.jpeg
    403.8 KB · Views: 135
This one (marked blue)
Ah thanks. It was a bit loose but when I replaced the wires for the new valve I gave them a tug though it’s possible that there was a loose one as there were 3 in there (2 valves). Could that affect the power next door?

If it’s from the same feed yes, if not then no.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back