Boiler not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My sister in law has a Ferroli 80e boiler and is having a problem with it not working, when the wind is strong the boiler does not light up although the pilot light is lit, neither the hot water or heating work, when the wind stops it works fine

Sponsored Links
It's unusual for a boiler designated "e" to have a pilot, are you sure about this and is it a modena or domina.

Have not seen the boiler myself but she found the dataplate and it is a Ferrolli modena 80e,
she says she can see the pilot

Sponsored Links
If she can see a pilot in there someone has cocked up, unless the gas valve's nakkered and is letting by.

Ok thanks for that,
me thinks I better get a gas fitter to have a look, thought it might just be a case of adding the flue extension (periscope type) to the flue to restrict the wind as there is only problems in a high wind,
with her saying the pilots working when there shouldn't be one either she has the model wrong (she is blonde) or there is a more serious problem

Have just spoke to her and she said she couldnt find the data plate but had a manual on top of the boiler, says there is a pilot, could be the wrong manual, will get someone to check it out anyway to be safe and have it serviced as she doesn't know when it was last done, certainly over 3 years ago

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back