boiler not working

oh i love these post's, sorry for hijacking op,

but ffs guys who have just joined in the last 20 odd days , then advising on a g/w 50/60ff and post things like sytem pressure etc etc, get a grip and look at your books.

to the op you say your pump is working!! is the hot water still hot???
does both the flow and return return feel the same temperature ?(even 2 or 3 M away fro your boiler)
are you sure your heating zone valve is opened?
this is a circultion issue and as EXPERIANCED guys have pointed out this is more than likely either pump spindle no longer connected to impeller or a zone valve not operating properly!!!

Sponsored Links
Hi ALL, Thanks for your replies, to date called boiler guy out and he has worked out that both Zone values are knackered
The one for the hot water is seized up so the hot water was scolding and the one which called for the heat has completely failed.
He didnt have these on him so over rode them so i could use the system by just switching on and off at the main wall switch, hopefully will have it done by qweekend.
I will post results just to keep anyone who may get the same problems,
i can see by recent replies that you guys are on the right track
Post your thoughts on what this guy has done by all means

Thanks again

but ffs guys who have just joined in the last 20 odd days , then advising on a g/w 50/60ff and post things like sytem pressure etc etc, get a grip and look at your books.

does both the flow and return return feel the same temperature ?(even 2 or 3 M away fro your boiler)
this is a circultion issue and as EXPERIANCED guys have pointed out this is more than likely either pump spindle no longer connected to impeller or a zone valve not operating properly!!!

FYI i asked the system pressure, I in way way "advised" read the post correctly, and use the spell check too!!!

vicvapour";p="2319037 said:

FYI, I "asked" what the system pressure was, I in no way "advised"

Read the post correctly, and use the spell check too matey boy!!!

Sponsored Links
Just to finalise
Engineer turned up and changed both hot water and CH Zone Values.
Had to drain system ofcourse.
fired it up and bled the rads everything is dunky Dorey and working fine.
Im covered that god so no big bills to worry about.
Thanks to all your replies, this is a helpful site

Keser

Gents
more revelations, after changing the 2 x zone water and CH VALVES, we put the heating on and all was working fine, suddenly wife says rads are cold after about a hour the reset light came on the boiler ( micron 66ff)
This has happened before sometimes and on those occasions when i turn the switch anti clockwise it usually goes out and i leave it for a few minutes then i turn it clockwise the boiler clicks and the boiler fires up and everything returns to normal.
On this occasion when i turn the reset switch anti clockwise the reset light DOSENT GO OUT,
I tried to reset in normal way but it isnt happening
I have also tried by turning off the boiler at the main switch but that hasn't
hepled'
On my boiler the light sequence troubleshooter says its ( a NON VOLITILE LOCKOUT)
Any suggestions please

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back